The Magic of Play Therapy
A workshop on specialised therapeutic skills with children.
Costs & Dates
Parent Child Relationship Play Therapy Training (Filial Therapy) 7th -8th May 2022: R3000.00
Child Centred Play Therapy Supervision 14th May 2022: R1000
Child Centred Play Therapy 1-4 September 2022: R4000.00
Expressive Play Therapy 11th-14th November 2022: R4000
Play Therapy with ADHD Children 15th-16th November 2022: R3000
Trauma Focused Play Therapy 7th-9th December 2022: R4000
Child Centred Play Therapy Individual 1st 4th September 2022: R4000.00
Child Centred Play Therapy + Filial Therapy R6000
In order to do Filial Therapy Training you must have completed Child Centred Play Therapy
Full attendance is compulsory to obtain certification, As well as 2 days of Supervision for each training. Workshop’s will continue subject to min of 10 participant’s registration. All Play Therapy trainings are done by Reyhana Seedat, and is fully recognised internationally by the Association for Play Therapy, (APT) with 6 CEU points for each day of training.
Workshop Times – Start 8am – End 5pm
All payments to be made in full 7 days Prior to start of Workshop and the POP must be emailed to email@example.com.
NO Payments to be made UNLESS requested by the administrator of
Education Unlimited via email.
All training via ZOOM MEETING
Phone: 031 201 0307 (Durban Office)
- A 30% non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required in order to register for the workshop. If the workshop is cancelled by the trainer due to insufficient numbers the deposit will be refunded.
Play Therapy – Registration 8.00 am workshop starts at 8.30 am finish 4.00pm
Play Therapy is defined as a dynamic interpersonal relationship between a child and a therapist trained in Play Therapy procedures. The Play Therapist provides selected play material and facilitates the development of a safe relationship for the child to fully express and explore self (feelings, thoughts, experiences and behaviours), through the child’s natural means of communication: play. Play itself does not produce the change, but it is the therapist’s interaction and utilisation of Play that is critical. This workshop will provide you, the professional, with
- A theoretical understanding of the framework for using Play Therapy from a client centered perspective.
- How to play therapeutically with children. Set realistic goals.
- Identify indicators of emotional, sexual and ritual abuse.
- How to equip a play therapy setting as well as work with what you’ve got.
- How to work with the total system – parents and teachers.
- Practical exercises.
- Understanding the Meaning in children’s play – therapeutic uses of play.
- How Play Therapy facilitates behavioural change.
- Practical reasons why we use Play Therapy.
- Communicating through play.
- Reading themes in Play Therapy (video).
- Making contact with children – structuring the relationship in the play room.
- Therapeutic responses to children’s play.
- Helping children develop self-control and self responsibility.
- Toys and materials – categories of toys; and tote bag playroom.
- Therapeutic limit setting – when to set limits; steps in therapeutic limit setting.
Filial / Family Therapy is a didactic and dynamic training method that involves parent in the therapy of their children by teaching and supervising them in the basic methodology of child-centered play therapy.
Participants will learn how to structure and conduct training within a ten week format – including content and organisation of weekly sessions and logistics of supervision / feedback of parent- conducted sessions.
Through video tapes of parents conducting play sessions, participants will learn how to supervise parents within the context of the group format.
Filial Therapy has been shown, through research and clinical experience, to be an effective intervention for children and families experiencing a variety of social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. This unique therapy involves parents as the primary change agents to resolve child-related problems and to encourage children’s healthy psychological development. Filial Therapists train and supervise parents, as the parents conduct child-centered play sessions, which not only helps eliminate presenting problems, but strengthens parent, child and family relationships. Participants will learn how to tutor parents through live demonstrations. This course is only available to those persons who have completed a 2 Day Workshop in client-centered Play Therapy.
Developmental Touch Therapy
Development Play is a highly compact, structured, developmentally-based Group Therapy Programme. It provides individual and group therapy for young children, training for adults and training for you, the Professional Leader. The purpose of the touch is simply to enable the child to experience his / her living body self. The Developmental Play Therapy is unique. Adults learn to do Developmental Play through exercises that enable them to experience themselves seen and touched, exercises that help them see and touch others. Developmental Play has proven effective with children who have relationship problems at the attachment level: Psychotic, Attention Deficit Hyperactive (ADHD), sexually and physically abused, and destructively acting out children.
Expressive Advanced Play Therapy Course
Specific Play Therapy Techniques will be demonstrated:
- Art Therapy – This technique will teach you, the therapist, how to read a child’s spontaneous art productions, as well as how to incorporate a child’s own metaphorical art language to promote specific treatment goals.
- Sand Therapy – Participants will explore the remarkable power of Sand Therapy for both assessment and treatment purposes. Hands on training will be provided for setting up Sand Therapy as well as how to observe, document and promote a healing process through Sand Therapy.
- Puppet Interviews – Participants will learn how to conduct puppet interviews and learn to observe family interactions and dynamics including: cohesion, boundaries, effective contact organisation, verbal and non-verbal communication. In addition, discussion will focus on decoding and incorporating symbols, metaphors and metaphoric language that emerge during individual and family play activities and more.
About the Course
- Format – 2 day intensive didactic presentation with clinical skills building.
- Hands on learning for working with both individuals and families.
|Payments Made Payable To:|
|Account Name:||EDUCATION UNLIMITED|
All proof of payment must be faxed or e-mailed for acceptance of registration.
|Hand-outs presented at each workshop.|
|Tea and coffee served. Lunch on your own unless otherwise advised.|